Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Happy Pregnancy


   I don't know if anyone still checks this blog out. Honestly, I think it's been a year maybe even more since I myself have given any thought to this thing. But tonight I was having so many thoughts running around, and I thought maybe this could be therapeutic if I just write type it all out.

   So many things can change. I guess it happens generally slowly, but when I look back at my life over a span from one year to the next, I can't help but wonder- "how did we get here??" (I mean that in a positive way.)

   Our life with renting my brother and sister-in-law's home kind of ran its course. We had ups and downs, and then in a blink of an eye, (or rather in 8 months) that chapter of lives closed. My in-laws sold their home and our family went on to another big adventure, buying our own home!

   What a blessing it has been to be first time home buyers!!!! We bought a small 3bedroom/2bathroom home with less than 1300 sq ft. It honestly is more of a condo with land than anything else, and with that being said- we couldn't be happier!! We have made so many wonderful memories here. We're fast approaching our 1 year mark of moving in, and it's been one of the best years of our married life. Watching our son run through the sprinklers in the summer, going trick or treating in our neighborhood, and hanging Christmas lights on our own home, it almost feels surreal sometimes.

   One of the biggest blessings we've received since living here is discovering that we're expecting baby #2!!! Another little boy will be joining our family this Spring. We are pretty over the moon about our exciting news, as is our son. He loves to talk about how he's going to be a big brother, and we love imagining life with 2 little boys.

   We've been busy busy busy since finding out. Just this past week we set up a nursery for our new little one. (I was so anxious to do it early so that I could feel like I was participating while I still have energy.) It's been another moment that I know I will remember forever. Watching my husband set up the crib while my little 4 year old runs around with his play tools insisting that he's helping. It's been a very special week, one that I'll always treasure.

   This all brings me to what I've really been feeling tonight, and that is time. Josh and I prayed and prayed and prayed over bringing another baby into this world for about 2 years. And then all of a sudden it seems, we knew it was right- and now we know that the timing of this pregnancy has been perfect too. But now that we're expecting, and I'm more than halfway done, everything seems to be going by soooooo quickly!! Where is the time going??

   I remember my pregnancy with Christopher going by at the rate of a snail. I felt miserable through most of my pregnancy, and lonely when Josh went to work while I was on bedrest. I counted down the days of when it would all be over. I whined and complained and cried on a daily basis. I thought to myself,  'who would willingly become pregnant more than once?' Little did I know that through some divine intervention....the minute the doctor lays your little baby on your chest- it's worth it. Suddenly, you forget how miserable the past 9 months have been to your body and you realize that everything is worth it. The doubt, the fear, the pain, is all suddenly worth it.

   Over the course of 4 years I learned that not only was pregnancy worth it- but I would come to realize that I would one day miss it. Nothing compares to feeling a baby literally grow inside of you and feeling little kicks and hiccups through out the day.

   So now here I am, more than halfway done with my second pregnancy. Am I really this far along already? It's not that I'm not anxious in meeting my new little son, but I just can't believe that this part will be over in a matter of a few months. I guess I should feel grateful that I realize this time around what a blessing pregnancy can be instead of wishing it away.

   I feel grateful that I am learning that this little boy has a time schedule he keeps to already. He kicks and moves around the same time each day. I feel grateful that my 4 year old tries to talk to his brother in my tummy and keeps him in his prayers at night. I'm grateful that I generally feel well for the most part. I'm grateful for those quiet moments when I can go into the nursery and sit in the rocking chair and picture a tiny little baby in my arms. I'm grateful to be pregnant and to feel a bond taking place already. And I'm grateful that when our son comes into this world- he'll recognize my voice and be comforted that he's with his family.

   This little boy is loved beyond measure already. He truly has been an answer to our prayers! Josh and I will have our hands full, but we couldn't be happier!!! So... as fast as this pregnancy is going, I suppose it's all just a prelude to the best part of pregnancy, welcoming our 2nd little baby boy.

   Hey what do ya know......that was pretty therapeutic. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment